martes, 6 de enero de 2015

ROALD DAHL

Roald Dahl is an author who likes write poems and stories. Some of these poems are collected in Revolting Rhymes such as “Cinderella” or “Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf”. Some interesting books from this author are “The Witches”, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” or “Matilda”.

Firstly, I would like to highlight some words from Roald Dahl:

“A story idea is liable to come flitting into the mind at any moment of the day, and if I don’t make a note of it at once, right then and there, it will be gone forever. So I must find a pencil, a pen, a crayon, a lipstick, anything that will write, and scribble a few words that will later on remind me of the idea. Then, as soon as I get the chance, I go straight to my hut and write the idea down in an old red – coloured school exercise book.”

Related to this, he considers that any good story must start with a strong plot and for that reason he collects some ideas. His main preoccupation when he creates a story is a terror of boring the reader. Thus, as Roald Dahl says, he try to invent stories that cause the reader to laugh, squirm, become enthralled and become tense and excited and say: “read on!, don’t stop!”
By knowing this mentality from the author, we can understand the good results and success of his stories. I like the way in which they are written and the possibilities that they offer us to do different activities.

Revolting rhymes show a different point of view to tell a story at the same time that they attract children attention because of the way in which they are written.

On the other hand, Roald Dahl books are very funny and interesting for children. They include all the factors that I mentioned before, but the ones which are more important for me are the ones that make the reader laugh and the ones which do the reader continues his reading.

Definitely, I consider that Roald Dahl stories are a good resource for children entertainment and for working with them as a teacher in an English class.

I let you the official Roald Dahl website in which you can find a lot of interesting things such as different resources or the author’s opinion.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario